The Prescott Russell Arts Council Arts Council (CAPRAC), in collaboration with the Le Chenail Cultural Centre, is seeking artists to participate in a symposium and exhibition to be held at the Le Chenail Cultural Center on September 7th. The artists who will participate in the symposium will also be able to submit a work for the collective exhibition of September.
Symposium: Art by the River is an opportunity for artists to come out of the studio and create in public along the Ottawa River shore in Hawkesbury. The symposium is a great opportunity for artists to share their passion with art enthusiasts and an excellent networking opportunity with other artists from the region. The symposium will take place on September 7th from 10 am to 4 pm outside Le Chenail Cultural Centre.
Exhibition: The Art by the River exhibition will include one work by each artist participating in the symposium. The exhibition will take place from Sept 7 to Sept 29 at Le Chenail Cultural Centre in Hawkesbury.
First come, first served: Spaces are limited. The first 20 member artists to register will be included in the symposium and exhibition.
Responsibility of the artist
The artist who agrees to be part of the Art by the River Symposium:
• Must be present on September 7th for the duration of the event
• Must arrive between 9h and 9h30 to set-up
• Is responsible to bring all their equipment (materials to create, lawn chair, table, canopy, etc.)
• Recognizes that on the occasion of a sale, Le Chenail Cultural Centre will receive 25% commission
Any artist wishing to participate in this call must:
•Provide three photos of original work and the details of the works (title, price, size, medium) - Only one artwork will be chosen for the exhibition which will be curated by CAPRAC
• Provide a brief description of each work (3 lines of text. Be creative!)
• Complete and return the registration form
Eligibility Criteria and Parameters
Any artist wishing to participate must:
• Be a member of CAPRAC;
• Be able to create live in front of an audience (symposium)
• Be available on September 7th for the duration of the symposium (10 am to 4 pm)
CAPRAC reserves the right to refuse registration that does not meet the aforementioned criteria and to modify the conditions and modalities of this call to artists without prior notice.